Private Lettering classes
$95 PER PERSON, ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED
INQUIRE FOR LARGE GROUP RATES (10+ PEOPLE)
This class is a private lettering session with instructor: Jessica KC.
For New York City residents + surrounding areas only. Please contact me if you are out of state and would like to inquire about a private lettering class or group session.
This is perfect for individual(s) who would like a:
- One-on-one private lettering class
- Lettering workshop for small or large groups
- Lettering class for group or company event / gathering / group bonding experience
In this 2-hour class, we will dive into the lettering style that you are eager to learn, starting with the basics while guiding you to develop your own lettering style. By the end of class, you will have learned the basic foundations of lettering forms (calligraphy and/or brush lettering), and be on your way towards creating everything from cards to prints in your own personal style.
A large portion of the class will be dedicated to the foundations of alphabet practice, basic strokes, and construction of lettering forms. You will also create your own print or card(s) to take home with you.
Two different private classes are available:
Beginner Modern Calligraphy and
Watercolor Brush Lettering
All materials are provided.
Below is a general outline of what you will learn in each class. In the form below, please request what private class you would like to take.
BEGINNER MODERN CALLIGRAPHY CLASS
- Begin to develop your own lettering style
- Practice writing words and phrases
- Make finished piece(s) including an art print and/or gift cards
- Learn the basic elements of modern calligraphy and practice writing the alphabet
- You will receive a Modern Calligraphy Starter Kit to take home with you, which includes penholder, nib, Sumi ink, and Calligraphy Practice workbook.
WATERCOLOR BRUSH LETTERING CLASS
- Learn the technique of using a brush and watercolor for lettering
- Learn how to mix and blend shades of watercolor for dreamy, colorful lettering
- Practice writing the alphabet, words, and phrases
- Learn how to layout words to create a print
- Make a finished print
- Develop your own brush lettering style
- Take home a Watercolor Brush Lettering Starter Kit, which includes your own water brush and Watercolor Brush Lettering Practice workbook
All private workshops include all materials. Please indicate in the form below how many people in your group.
Fill out the form below to request a private one-on-one or group lettering session:
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR: JESSICA KC
Jessica has been a lettering lover all her life and incorporated her passion for lettering into her side business, The Letter Muse. She specializes in Wedding Calligraphy and teaching both Beginner Modern Calligraphy and Watercolor Brush Lettering. She has taught hundreds of students to fall in love with their ability to create beautiful lettering through their own personal style. She has had the privilege to work with a variety of talented bloggers, businesses and clients, including: L'Oréal, Image Publications (Dublin), Domino Magazine, West Elm, and Calm.com. She loves animals, Matcha green tea lattes, crystals and connecting to nature.