Learn the beautiful art of modern calligraphy through basic foundations and lettering forms. Incorporate your own personal style to create modern calligraphy that is unique to you.
In this beginner-level workshop, you will learn the basics of Modern Calligraphy, how to use a nib and penholder, and how to develop your own unique Calligraphy style. A large portion of the class will be dedicated to the foundations of alphabet practice, basic strokes, and construction of lettering forms. You will also create your own print or card(s) to take home with you.
By the end of class, you will have learned the basic foundations of calligraphy and lettering forms, and be on your way towards creating everything from cards to prints in your own personal style. All supplies will be provided, and you will receive a Modern Calligraphy kit to take home, which includes a penholder, nib, Sumi ink and Calligraphy workbook.
In this workshop you will:
- Begin to develop your own lettering style
- Practice writing words and phrases
- Make finished piece(s) including an art print and/or gift cards
- Learn the basic elements of modern calligraphy and practice writing the alphabet
- You will receive a Modern Calligraphy Starter Kit to take home with you, which includes penholder, nib, Sumi ink, and Calligraphy workbook.
$125 per person
All materials included.